On-site Facilities at Wild HorsesThose wanting to relax and savour the tranquility and beauty of the surrounds will not be disturbed. Bask in the sun at the rim-flow pool with its views over the expansive Sterkfontein Dam. Stroll around the indigenous garden or the extensive rose garden or watch the Koi glide through the cool waters of the pond.
Every care has been taken to make your stay at Wild Horses as comfortable as possible and to provide outstanding facilities and amenities.
- The Dining Room offers a five star dining experience;
- Massages can be booked by prior arrangement, are charged for separately, and take place in the privacy of the guest's suite;
- The library has a good selection of novels and other reading material;
- The guest lounge has underfloor heating, DSTV, Internet access and fax facility;
- The lodge has excellent 24-hour security and a rifle safe;
- There is Wireless Internet connectivity and good cellphone reception.
Shuttle services are available to and from OR Tambo International Airport (Johannesburg), Durban International Airport and local tourist destinations.
Food & Wine
The Wild Horses Dining Room offers a truly magnificent dining experience. Vast folding doors open onto the expansive terrace to showcase panoramic views of the Sterkfontein Dam beyond the Lodge's landscaped indigenous gardens.
Inside the dining area, a reeded ceiling and fireplace create a cosy, rustic ambiance. Meals are served in the Dining Room or on the viewing deck. Wake up to a delicious Continental or full English breakfast, laze over a light lunch and indulge in a gourmet 3-course dinner.
Guests are able to select their own bottle of wine from the Lodge's private wine cellar which is continually being added to as host Jon Hawkins is an avid collector.